Full course description
K-12 Informative Explanatory Paragraph Writing
Tuesday, October 22, 2019
8:30 - 4:00
Mileage will be reimbursed off of the sign-in sheets and lunch will be provided. Breakfast and beverages will not be provided. Hotel accommodations are not provided unless you are attending multiple/consecutive days of training or from an across the water school.
This training is your introduction to The Write tools and recommended for further training. We develop the common language and basic strategies that lay the foundation for a school-wide approach to writing. Course Highlights:
- The Informative/Explanatory workshop provides K-12 teachers with essential strategies and hands-on practice so they can immediately implement these instructional tools in their classrooms.
- Special attention is given to how these strategies meet the rigors of the Common Core State Standards now used in nearly every state.
- This course vigorously engages participants in reading and writing strategies and techniques designed to help teach the art of informative/explanatory writing and reading informational text across the curriculum at all grade levels.
- During the workshop, we focus on the entire writing process, the organization of informational/explanatory text for both reading and writing purposes, and note-taking skills.
- Participants will examine the developmental stages of writing, learn and practice research-based strategies and techniques for teaching informational/explanatory writing skills including sentence building, paragraph and multi-paragraph writing, and compare and contrast essays.